About Singapore Psychological Society (SPS)
The Singapore Psychological Society (SPS) was founded in 1979 and it aims to promote the advancement of psychology as a science and as a profession in Singapore. The SPS is a member of the National Council of Social Service (Singapore).
Association with SPS
TMC Academy and SPS signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) at the SPS Annual General Meeting in 2015. This MOU formally recognises the agreement that TMC Academy Psychology students can become members of the Society.
TMC School of Psychology students enjoy the following SPS membership benefits:
- Psychology Student – the society offers membership to psychology students at a reduced rate. Student members are encouraged to network with other practicing psychologists at SPS functions.
- Professional Development – the society brings members with common interests together through its regular special interest groups and regular meetings.
- Annual General Meeting – full members have voting rights and are kept updated on society matters as well as future directions at the AGM. This is followed by a complimentary Post-AGM gathering meal for all voting members.
- Events – the society runs talks on various topics (see calendar of events on SPS website). Discounted registration fees are available for members. Subsidised rates are available to student members.
- Member Discounts – eligible members are entitled to discounts for talks and workshops organised by the society
- Networking Opportunities – provides an avenue for networking with others to communicate, exchange ideas, knowledge and information through social events exclusively for members as well as other SPS functions.
- Ezine – All members receive electronic news bulletins with psychology related news and the latest updates on society matters.