The following documents need to be submitted to support a student pass application:
|Country||Procedure and Documentations|
|China, India, Myanmar etc
|Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, etc
(non-visa required countries)
Any photocopy documents will need to be certified true copies.
If student has been working since the last academic graduation, student needs to provide proof of working experience by submitting a letter of certification from the company.
If student has been doing short courses since the last academic graduation, student needs to provide proof either by way of the certificates obtained or letters by the school.
The documents can first be emailed across and followed by the original hardcopies for verification.
250 Middle Road
Upon receipt of relevant application fees, application and acceptance forms, and complete documents, TMC will proceed to submit your application for a student pass to ICA.
As soon as the school receives the outcome of your application from ICA, we will inform you accordingly.
ICA requires 14 working days for the processing but we have experienced a longer processing time during peak periods thus students are encouraged to submit their application at least 4 weeks in advance. Any rejection will incur an approximate 4 weeks processing time by ICA for the appeal.
Approval of Student Pass
Upon the approval of the student pass application, a Congratulatory Email and student contract will be sent to the students. The IPA letter will be forwarded to the students upon receipt of the signed student contract and course fee payment.
Students are encouraged to book their flight after the receipt of the single journey visa and to inform the school two weeks in advance of their confirmed arrival dates to Singapore
If students require airport reception and accommodation assistance, please arrange to fax / email the Accommodation and Airport Pickup Form two weeks in advance of arrival to TMC.
Upon Arrival in Singapore
Please report to TMC at the following address upon arrival:
250 Middle Road
TMC will arrange for new students to undertake a medical check up upon arrival, if required by ICA.
Medical fees are paid directly to the clinic / hospital conducting the medical examination.
Students are required to make payment to ICA for the issuance of student pass after the release of the medical report.
Important ICA Rules & Regulations
(please note the below is non-exhaustive, students should always refer to the ICA website for a full picture)
- A student must achieve an attendance of minimum 90% and not be absent from the program for a consecutive of 3 days without valid reason.
- A student must maintain good conduct and must not be engage in any criminal offences or activities inconsistent with the purpose for which a student pass is issued.
- A student must not make any false statement, representation or declaration in connection with the Student Pass application.
- A student must not engage in any form of employment or business, whether paid or unpaid in Singapore without a valid work pass issued under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (Cap 91A).
- A student must not work illegally or overstay in Singapore, both offences if convicted carry heavy penalties including jail term and canning.
- A student must not misuse controlled drugs or to take part in any political or other activities which is prohibited under the Immigration Act during the stay in Singapore.
- Prior to departure from Singapore, students are required to cancel their Student Pass with ICA within 7 days of the date of cessation or termination of studies.
- Upon cancellation, students are normally issued a social visa for 1 month to prepare for their return trip to home.