Why Study Mass Communication @ TMC Academy
- Stay industry-relevant with our Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
- The IAB is formed by external industry members, to facilitate the review and continuous improvement of the curriculum, monitor current industry practice and future trends, facilitate changes in the appropriate regulatory framework and provide networking opportunities.
- This practice guides the school to equip students with industry-relevant skills.
- Gain learning and networking opportunities with our strong links to associations and companies
- Students are invited to attend industry workshops and events to gain valuable insights from the industry experts, learning beyond the classroom.
- Established Student Chapter membership with Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS) for students to benefit from their extended network.
- Partnerships with ompanies provide a platform for students to work on industry projects; allowing them to apply theory on real projects, in a real environment.
- Attractive Progression Routes to a Honours Degree
TMC Higher Diplomas are equivalent to the first two years (240 credits) of a three-year (360 credits) UK Bachelor degree with Honours. Hence our Higher Diplomas are well-articulated to a number of partner universities:
- Bachelor of Arts, Monash University (Aus)- 2 years
- Bachelor of Communication, Western Sydney Australia (Aus) – final year
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Media and Journalism, University of the West of England (UK)- final year
- Bachelor of Public Relations and Communication, Griffith University (Aus) – 1.5 years
TMC Academy Progression Pathway
Programme offered in TMC Academy
|Upon Request||Diploma in Mass Communication||Full-Time : 9 months
Part-Time : 12 months
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Mass Communication||Full Time: 12 months
Part Time: 21 months
Our partner universities recognize and accept TMC Higher Diploma certification for direct entry with credit exemptions into their on-campus bachelor degree programmes*.
*Do check with our friendly consultants on articulation details.
Gain Unique Advantages
Why Study Media & Mass Communication with TMC Academy?
- High Pass Rates
- Mostly Assessed through Coursework
- Graduate with Portfolios for Job Hunting
- Great Job Opportunities
- Articulation to various overseas universities with possibility of overseas internship opportunities
About Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS)
IPRS is a self-regulating accreditation body that sets international benchmark standards for Public Relations professionals in Singapore.
Launched in 2000, the IPRS Accreditation Scheme is a distinctive recognition for PR professionals who have demonstrated strategic thinking, broad knowledge and experience in the field, and at the same time exhibited high standards of professionalism, commitment to the profession and code of ethics.
Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS) Student Membership
The objectives for IPRS-TMC Student Chapter are as follows:
- To provide students who participate in the student chapter (“student members”) with a platform for learning and experience with IPRS
- To enhance student members’ participation and student development in the PR industry
- To establish possible internships with established PR and media firms in Singapore
- To gain advice and mentorship from IPRS, and to create opportunities for student members to attend networking events
- To enable student members to gain insight into the PR and Media industry
- To enable student members to explore their own potential as individuals and as professionals in the PR and Media industry
- To work with IPRS mentors such as practitioners, educators and advisors who can provide guidance to student members
In order to know more about IPRS, please visit http://iprs.org.sg/