Why Study Mass Communication @ TMC Academy
TMC Academy Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is formed by external industry members, to mainly facilitate the review and continuous improvement of the curriculum, and monitor current industry practice and future trends. This practice guides the school to equip students with industry-relevant skills.
Gain Plenty of Learning and Networking Opportunities
- Our strong partnerships with companies provide a platform for students to work on industry projects, allowing them to apply theory on real projects.
- Our Student Chapter membership with Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS) allows students to benefit from the institution’s extended professional network.
- Students are invited to attend industry workshops and events to gain valuable insights from the industry experts, learning beyond the classroom.
Attractive Progression Routes to an International Degree
Our Higher Diplomas are well-articulated to a number of partner universities, with opportunities for an overseas internship.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Media and Journalism, University of the West of England (UK)- final year
- Bachelor of Communication, Western Sydney Australia (Aus) – final year
- Bachelor of Arts, Monash University (Aus)- 2 years
- Bachelor of Public Relations and Communication, Griffith University (Aus) – 1.5 years
The University of Northampton is centrally situated in the heart of Northampton and within easy travelling distance of London, Birmingham and other major cities. Established in 1924, The University of Northampton was formally known as Northampton Technical College and after years of progression and succession, it is now recognised as full university status.
The University of Northampton is awarded Gold – the highest possible mark – in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The TEF is the only system introduced by the UK government that assesses the quality of teaching in universities in England.
The most recent UK University League Tables 2020 ranks University of Northampton among the top 100 universities in the UK (Source: The Guardian, UK).
Our partner universities recognize and accept TMC Higher Diploma certification for direct entry with credit exemptions into their on-campus bachelor degree programmes*.
*Kindly check with our course consultants on matriculation details.
Association with Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS)
TMC Academy is proud to collaborate with the Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS) to allow our students to benefit from their extended professional network.
The IPRS-TMC Student Chapter aims to:
- Enhance student members’ participation and student development in the PR industry
- Establish possible internships with established PR and media firms in Singapore
- Create opportunities for student members to attend networking events and gain advice and mentorship from IPRS mentors. Refer to event articles here and here.
Click here for more information on IPRS-TMC Student Chapter.