Why Study Mass Communication @ TMC Academy
1. Stay Industry-relevant
TMC Academy Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is formed by external industry members, to mainly facilitate the review and continuous improvement of the curriculum, and monitor current industry practice and future trends. This practice guides the school to equip students with industry-relevant skills.
2. Gain Plenty of Learning and Networking Opportunities
- Our strong partnerships with companies provide a platform for students to work on industry projects, allowing them to apply theory on real projects.
- Our Student Chapter membership with Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS) allows students to benefit from the institution’s extended professional network.
- Students are invited to attend industry workshops and events to gain valuable insights from the industry experts, learning beyond the classroom.
3. Attractive Progression Routes to an International Degree
Our Higher Diplomas are well-articulated to a number of partner universities, with opportunities for an overseas internship.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Media and Journalism, University of the West of England (UK)- final year
- Bachelor of Communication, Western Sydney Australia (Aus) – final year
- Bachelor of Arts, Monash University (Aus)- 2 years
- Bachelor of Public Relations and Communication, Griffith University (Aus) – 1.5 years
Programmes offered at TMC Academy
|Upon Request||Diploma in Mass Communication||Full-Time : 9 months
Part-Time : 12 months
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Mass Communication||Full Time: 14 months
Part Time: 18 months
Association with Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS)
About Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS)
IPRS is a self-regulating accreditation body that sets international benchmark standards for Public Relations professionals in Singapore.
Launched in 2000, the IPRS Accreditation Scheme is a distinctive recognition for PR professionals who have demonstrated strategic thinking, broad knowledge and experience in the field, and at the same time exhibited high standards of professionalism, commitment to the profession and code of ethics.
Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS) Student Membership
The objectives for IPRS-TMC Student Chapter are as follows:
- To provide students who participate in the student chapter (“student members”) with a platform for learning and experience with IPRS
- To enhance student members’ participation and student development in the PR industry
- To establish possible internships with established PR and media firms in Singapore
- To gain advice and mentorship from IPRS, and to create opportunities for student members to attend networking events
- To enable student members to gain insight into the PR and Media industry
- To enable student members to explore their own potential as individuals and as professionals in the PR and Media industry
- To work with IPRS mentors such as practitioners, educators and advisors who can provide guidance to student members
To read more about IPRS, please visit http://iprs.org.sg/
I started my studies at TMC with the Hawthorn English programme. Now, I’m a Mass Communications student. I’m learning a lot of theories about mass media, but what interests me most is the practical work. Our school collaborated with Duck & Hippo, Singapore, for students to produce a documentary. It was a very rare opportunity and an enriching experience for me.
Dora Du Ling YunHigher Diploma in Mass Communication (2018)
The knowledge gained from my course has certainly been beneficial, and it enhanced my skills. I enjoyed the lectures and group work, the company of supportive classmates, as well as helpful administrators including the student services staff, management, and even the school’s Principal. The lecturers were also committed and helpful.