Why Study Infocomm Technology @ TMC Academy
- Stay Industry-relevant with our Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
- The IAB is formed by external industry members, to facilitate the review and continuous improvement of the curriculum, monitor current industry practice and future trends, facilitate changes in the appropriate regulatory framework and provide networking opportunities.
- This practice guides the school to equip students with industry-relevant skills.
- Gain learning and networking opportunities with our strong links to associations and companies
- Established Student Chapter membership with Singapore Computer Society (SCS) for students to benefit from their extended network.
- Students are invited to attend industry workshops and events to gain valuable insights from the industry experts, learning beyond the classroom.
- Partnerships with IT companies provide a platform for students to work on industry projects; allowing them to apply theory on real projects, in a real environment.
- Attractive Progression Routes to an Honours Degree
TMC Higher Diplomas are equivalent to the first two years (240 credits) of a three-year (360 credits) UK Bachelor degree with Honours. Hence our Higher Diplomas are well-articulated to a number of partner universities:
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Computing, University of Greenwich (U.K)- Final year
- Bachelor of Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Business Information Systems, La Trobe University (Australia) – up to 1 year advanced standing
- Bachelor of Information Technology, Griffith University (AU)- Up to 1 year advanced standing
TMC Academy Progression Pathway
Programmes offered at TMC Academy
|January / July||Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computing (Top up)||Full-Time: 12 months
Part-Time: 18 months
|Upon Request||Diploma in Information Technology||Full-Time : 9 months
Part-Time : 12 months
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Business Infocomm Technology||Full Time: 12 months
Part Time: 21 months
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Infocomm Technology||Full Time: 12 months
Part Time: 21 months
University of Greenwich offers an exciting range of programmes for international students. The School of Computing & Mathematical Sciences (CMS) is an extremely successful part of the University of Greenwich, recognised both nationally and internationally for its cutting-edge research and innovative approach to curriculum development.
Most recently, the University of Greenwich was awarded the Silver rating in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017.
Gain Unique Advantages
Higher Diploma in Infocomm Technology
Awarded by TMC Academy
- Singapore Computer Society Student Chapter Membership
- Preparation for Professional Certification Option
- Projects Done with Companies to Give Commercial Experience
- Students Ready for Employment
- High Passing Rates
- Guaranteed Entry to UK Degree Programme
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computing Degree
Awarded by University of Greenwich
- UK BSc (Honours) Computing Degrees < 2 years (intensive study);
- Low Cost and Low Risk
- Coursework Based Assessments
- Lots of Job Opportunities
- Growing Job Market in Singapore and Globally
- High Salaries and Return on Investment
Did you know?
School of IT, Digital Media and Mass Communication produces wholesome graduates to become holistic ICT professionals who acquire the following skills: software development skills, design thinking human-centered design skills, application programming interface, cloud computing; and soft skills such as: problem solving skills; critical thinking skills; creative people management skills.
Association with Singapore Computer Society (SCS)
Singapore Computer Society’s (SCS) Student Membership
In order to enjoy student membership benefits, students are required to register at
The benefits to these students are as follows:
- Complimentary student membership for students of TMC Academy
- Entitlement to free selected SCS events and highly-subsidised student member rate to other SCS events and privileges
- Membership discounts for SCS-endorsed events and product offers
- Facilitate the sourcing of SCS speakers for talks and seminars organised by the School if necessary
- Access to SCS resources and expertise
- Facilitate Industrial attachment and vacation employment opportunities to our SCS members
- Networking opportunities amongst students from various Institutes of Higher Learning
- Free one-year Graduate Membership for final year students of the School upon their graduation
- Access to online SCS publications
About Singapore Computer Society
The Singapore Computer Society (SCS) is the leading infocomm and digital media professional society in Singapore.
Established in 1967, the Society has a thriving membership base of over 32,000 members today. They have a total of 13 specialist groups that promote mind-sharing of case studies, experiences and latest trends and emerging technologies. SCS continue to work hard to establish a strong reputation as the voice of Singapore’s infocomm and digital media community.
Less than 2 months before my NS-ORD, my family encouraged me to continue my studies. I did online research and decided to study at TMC because it offers a specialised Higher Diploma course in IT. Now, I am studying for my degree with the University of Greenwich at TMC. The coursework assignments help me to improve in my thinking and problem-solving skills. I also participated in many workshops and events that allowed me to network and gain more insights into computing, and the trends in the ICT industry.
Louis LohBachelor of Science (Hons) Computing, University of Greenwich (2018)
The programme provides an opportunity to get a solid foundation in disciplines such as Infocomm Technology and Computing in a well-facilitated environment. Lecturers are passionate, keen and devoted to helping students in understanding subjects, as well as gaining academic knowledge, professional expertise, and practical skills. The project module has also given me a great chance to choose the stack of technologies I like, and explore my area of interest in depth.
Mikhail GospodarikovBachelor of Science (Hons) Computing University of Greenwich (2017)
I came to TMC as an exchange student, and have learnt a lot more than what I did back home. I not only improved my English language, but also acquired professional knowledge. I enjoyed the school activities every month and made many good friends. My teachers are responsive, patient, and intelligent. They helped me both in studies and in life. I appreciate them very much!