Final Year Top-up Degree for Diploma and Higher Diploma holders
Equivalent to 1st & 2nd Year of a UK Degree for A Level holders or equivalent
- Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (with 6 months of Industrial Attachment)
- Higher Diploma in Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Management
For O Level holders or equivalent
Why Study Hospitality & Tourism @ TMC Academy
TMC Academy Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is formed by external industry members, to mainly facilitate the review and continuous improvement of the curriculum, and monitor current industry practice and future trends. This practice guides the school to equip students with industry-relevant skills.
Gain Plenty of Learning and Networking Opportunities
- Our strong partnerships with reputable and established industry partners facilitate student placement for the Industrial Attachment Programme.
- Endorsement from the Food and Beverage Management Association (FBMA) and Association of Bartenders &
- Sommeliers Singapore (ABSS).Students are invited to attend industry workshops and events to gain valuable insights from the industry experts, learning beyond the classroom.
Attractive Progression Routes to an Honours Degree
- TMC Higher Diplomas are equivalent to the first two years (240 credits) of a three-year (360 credits) UK Bachelor degree with Honours. Our Higher Diplomas are also well-articulated to a number of partner universities.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Tourism Management, University of Northampton (U.K)- Final year
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Hospitality and Events Management (Dual Award)- University of Derby and Swiss Hotel Management School (Switzerland)- Final year
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management- Griffith University (Australia) (1.5 years credits)
Best Private Education Institution for Hospitality and Tourism
Awarded by JobsCentral Learning & Training Education Development Awards (T.E.D.) 2018
The University of Northampton is centrally situated in the heart of Northampton and within easy travelling distance of London, Birmingham and other major cities. Established in 1924, The University of Northampton was formally known as Northampton Technical College and after years of progression and succession, it is now recognised as full university status.
The University of Northampton is awarded Gold – the highest possible mark – in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The TEF is the only system introduced by the UK government that assesses the quality of teaching in universities in England.
The most recent UK University League Tables 2020 ranks University of Northampton among the top 100 universities in the UK (Source: The Guardian, UK).
Our partner universities recognize and accept TMC Higher Diploma certification for direct entry with credit exemptions into their on-campus bachelor degree programmes*.
*Do check with our course consultants on articulation details.
Griffith University ranks in the top 3% of universities worldwide with the following accreditation and rankings:
- Accreditation from the International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Top 50 Under 50 and 35th in the 2020 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings
- Ranked 37th in the 2019 QS World University Rankings
- Ranked 2nd in ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subject 2019 for Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Griffith Business School is rated 5-stars for Educational Experience and Teaching Quality in Business and Management by the Good Universities Guide 2018
Swiss Hospitality Management School (SHMS) is one of the leading international hotel management institutes in Switzerland. It offers a wide range of world-class academic programmes for undergraduates and postgraduate in Hospitality Management, Events, Spa and Resort Management.
SHMS holds the following accreditations from professional associations:
- EDUQUA, Swiss Certificate of Quality for Continuing Education Institutions
- The-ICE, International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education
- First hospitality school in the world to receive the prestigious “Apple Distinguished School” recognition
SHMS has also received wide recognition for their consistent delivery of academic excellence, student support and positive graduate employment outcomes:
- Ranked 7th best institution worldwide for hospitality and leisure management, 3rd year running (QS Ranking 2019)
- Ranked as the Top 3 Overall Hotel School Worldwide in Student Support and #1 Worldwide in Personal Tutors (iGraduate Survey)
Direct Industry Relevance
TMC Academy is the proud partner of the two largest hospitality and tourism associations in Singapore
Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore (ABSS)
- ABSS is founded in 1987 and operates under the International Bartender Association.
- During the course of study, TMC students are eligible to join the TMC-ABSS Youth Wing and attain student membership.
- Learning mixology and beverage knowledge through the industry experts.
- Participate in various events organised, including national cocktail competition.
- More exposure, more networking which eventually leads to career fulfillment.
Food and Beverage Managers Association, Singapore (FBMA)
- FBMA was founded and registered in Singapore in 1989. Starting out as an avenue for food and beverage professionals to gather, the association has developed into a hub for its members to network, exchange business ideas and practices and support the ever growing food and beverage industry.
- During the course of study, TMC students gain opportunities to meet and network with the industry experts, which will benefit them when looking for a job after graduation.
- Possibility to become a full time member and access to their resources upon graduation.
Having taught a couple of subjects as as an adjunct lecturer in your school, I am confident that the commitment to students in learning is holistic for not just in giving them a job in the industry but a good career for life.
Honorary Secretary (General)
Association of Bartenders and Sommeliers Singapore
Students enjoy their course a lot with the warm and conducive environment, and the skilled teachers who are passionate to teach and guide them. Learning is always enjoyable at TMC School of Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts.
Food and Beverage Management Association
Internship Option with Established Companies
The TMC Industry Attachment Programme (IAP) is a 6 months industry work experience attachment for students studying the TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies, designed to deliver the skills learnt in Higher Diploma in Business Studies. TMC Academy is the ONLY Private Education Institution (PEI) that is certified by the Committee for Private Education (CPE) to launch the Business internship programme.
Intercontinental Hotel Group