Why Study Hospitality & Tourism @ TMC Academy
TMC Academy Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is formed by external industry members, to mainly facilitate the review and continuous improvement of the curriculum, and monitor current industry practice and future trends. This practice guides the school to equip students with industry-relevant skills.
Gain Plenty of Learning and Networking Opportunities
- Our strong partnerships with reputable and established industry partners facilitate student placement for the Industrial Attachment Programme.
- Endorsement from the Food and Beverage Management Association (FBMA) and Association of Bartenders &
- Sommeliers Singapore (ABSS).Students are invited to attend industry workshops and events to gain valuable insights from the industry experts, learning beyond the classroom.
Best Private Education Institution for Hospitality and Tourism
Awarded by JobsCentral Learning & Training Education Development Awards (T.E.D.) 2018
Direct Industry Relevance
TMC Academy is the proud partner of the two largest hospitality and tourism associations in Singapore
Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore (ABSS)
- ABSS is founded in 1987 and operates under the International Bartender Association.
- During the course of study, TMC students are eligible to join the TMC-ABSS Youth Wing and attain student membership.
- Learning mixology and beverage knowledge through the industry experts.
- Participate in various events organised, including national cocktail competition.
- More exposure, more networking which eventually leads to career fulfillment.
Food and Beverage Managers Association, Singapore (FBMA)
- FBMA was founded and registered in Singapore in 1989. Starting out as an avenue for food and beverage professionals to gather, the association has developed into a hub for its members to network, exchange business ideas and practices and support the ever growing food and beverage industry.
- During the course of study, TMC students gain opportunities to meet and network with the industry experts, which will benefit them when looking for a job after graduation.
- Possibility to become a full time member and access to their resources upon graduation.
Having taught a couple of subjects as as an adjunct lecturer in your school, I am confident that the commitment to students in learning is holistic for not just in giving them a job in the industry but a good career for life.
Honorary Secretary (General)
Association of Bartenders and Sommeliers Singapore
Students enjoy their course a lot with the warm and conducive environment, and the skilled teachers who are passionate to teach and guide them. Learning is always enjoyable at TMC School of Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts.
Food and Beverage Management Association
Internship Option with Established Companies
The TMC Industry Attachment Programme (IAP) is a 6 months industry work experience attachment for students studying the TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies, designed to deliver the skills learnt in Higher Diploma in Business Studies. TMC Academy is the ONLY Private Education Institution (PEI) that is certified by the Committee for Private Education (CPE) to launch the Business internship programme.
Intercontinental Hotel Group