Why Study Hospitality & Tourism @ TMC Academy
- Stay industry-relevant with our Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
- The IAB is formed by external industry members, to facilitate the review and continuous improvement of the curriculum, monitor current industry practice and future trends, facilitate changes in the appropriate regulatory framework and provide networking opportunities.
- This practice guides the school to equip students with industry-relevant skills.
- Gain learning and networking opportunities with our strong links to associations and companies
- Endorsement from the Food and Beverage Management Association (FBMA) and Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore (ABSS).
- We have a list of reputable and established industry partners to facilitate the student placement for Industrial Attachment such as Intercontinental Hotel Group, Raffles Hotel, Marina Bay Sands, Shangri-La Hotel Singapore and many more.
- Students are invited to attend industry workshops and events to gain valuable insights from the industry experts, learning beyond the classroom.
- Attractive Progression Routes to an Honours Degree
TMC Higher Diplomas are equivalent to the first two years (240 credits) of a three-year (360 credits) UK Bachelor degree with Honours. Hence our Higher Diplomas are well-articulated to a number of partner universities:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Tourism Management, University of Northampton (U.K)- Final year
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Hospitality and Events Management (Dual Award)- University of Derby and Swiss Hotel Management School (Switzerland)- Final year
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management- Griffith University (Australia) (1.5 years credits)
TMC Academy Progression Pathway
Programmes offered at TMC Academy
|March / July / October||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Hospitality Management (Top Up)||Full-Time: 12 months
Part-Time: 18 months
|Upon Request||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Tourism Management (Top Up)||Full-Time: 12 months
Part-Time: 18 months
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management||Full-Time: 9 months + 6 months of Industrial Attachment
Part-Time: 10 months + 6 months of Industrial Attachment
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management||Full Time: 12 months + 6 months Industrial Attachment
Part Time: 21 months + 6 months Industrial Attachment
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Management||Full Time: 12 months
Part Time: 21 months
The University of Northampton is an award-winning university– recognising our focus on providing an excellent student experience which is geared to enhancing your life skills, knowledge and employability. The University of Northampton has been awarded Gold – the highest possible mark – in the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017.
At the University of Northampton we offer our students an outstanding academic experience, filled with learning and teaching excellence, cutting edge facilities and an exciting and stimulating life both on and off campus.
Our partner universities recognize and accept TMC Higher Diploma certification for direct entry with credit exemptions into their on-campus bachelor degree programmes*.
*Do check with our friendly consultants on articulation details.
Griffith University ranks in the top 3% of universities worldwide with the following accreditation:
- Ranked 2nd in ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subject 2017 for Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Ranked 1st in Australia and 9th in the world, in Qs World University Rankings by Subject 2017 for Hospitality and Leisure Management
Griffith Business School is rated 5-stars for Educational Experience and Teaching Quality in Business and Management by the Good Universities Guide 2018
Swiss Hospitality Management School is one of the leading international hotel management institutes in Switzerland. It offers a wide range of world-class academic programmes for undergraduates and postgraduate in Hospitality Management, Events, Spa and Resort Management.
Exclusive Privilege for TMC Academy Students enrolling in Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) International Hospitality & Events Management
Feb & Sep 2018 intake
10% Scholarship on tuition, accommodation and meals *Limited slots available
Sep 2018 intake only
5% Early Bird Registration, apply by 6th May 2018
Direct Industry Relevance
TMC Academy is the proud partner of the two largest hospitality and tourism associations in Singapore
Food and Beverage Managers Association, Singapore (FBMA)
- FBMA was founded and registered in Singapore in 1989. Starting out as an avenue for food and beverage professionals to gather, the association has developed into a hub for its members to network, exchange business ideas and practices and support the ever growing food and beverage industry.
- During the course of study, TMC students gain opportunities to meet and network with the industry experts, which will benefit them when looking for a job after graduation.
- Possibility to become a full time member and access to their resources upon graduation.
Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore (ABSS)
- ABSS is founded in 1987 and operates under the International Bartender Association.
- During the course of study, TMC students are eligible to join the TMC-ABSS Youth Wing and attain student membership.
- Learning mixology and beverage knowledge through the industry experts.
- Participate in various events organised, including national cocktail competition.
- More exposure, more networking which eventually leads to career fulfillment.
Internship Option with Established Companies
The TMC Industry Attachment Programme (IAP) is a 6 months industry work experience attachment for students studying the TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies, designed to deliver the skills learnt in Higher Diploma in Business Studies. TMC Academy is the ONLY Private Education Institution (PEI) that is certified by the Committee for Private Education (CPE) to launch the Business internship programme.
Intercontinental Hotel Group
TMC offers good quality education with affordable school fees. Teachers are friendly and very thoughtful. They gave us opportunities to perform and helped improve the learning proficiency of students. As a Student Club member, I enjoyed the fun school activities. Through my experiences in TMC, I was able to find out what my interests are, which will help me to decide my future role in the hotel industry.
Park So YeonBachelor of Arts (Hons) International Tourism Management, University of Northampton (2017)
The shorter duration of the degree programme stands out to me. Moreover, the lecturers are patient and supportive. Through the practical modules, I gained skills and knowledge; and improved my confidence. TMC provided many opportunities through extracurricular activities. I was a member of the Student Club, nEbO Ambassador and Student Leader of ABSS-TMC Youth Wing; Involvement in these committees gave me opportunities to organise campus events that it enhanced my critical thinking, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Tiffanie Ko Cheuk YanBachelor of Arts (Hons) International Tourism Management, University of Nothampton (2017)
My father recommended me to study at TMC; he told me this school had been in Singapore for a long time. I enjoy studying at TMC because of the friendliness of the lecturers. The course and the attachment at Holiday Inn Hotel helped me to understand the industry better and gain more experience.
Cecilia LeeHigher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (2017)
I really enjoy the learning experience and school activities here. As a member of the TMC-ABSS Youth Wing, I got to help with events organised by the ABSS and also had the chance to participate in the mocktail competition. It was a great experience. As the president of TMC student club, I found that organising school events really improved my management and social skills, while at the same time allowing me to making many friends. These are things that I can’t learn from a book or in class. Studying here has made me a more confident person and helped broaden my horizons.