Why Study Hospitality & Tourism @ TMC Academy
- Stay industry-relevant with our Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
- The IAB is formed by external industry members, to facilitate the review and continuous improvement of the curriculum, monitor current industry practice and future trends, facilitate changes in the appropriate regulatory framework and provide networking opportunities.
- This practice guides the school to equip students with industry-relevant skills.
- Gain learning and networking opportunities with our strong links to associations and companies
- Endorsement from the Food and Beverage Management Association (FBMA) and Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore (ABSS).
- We have a list of reputable and established industry partners to facilitate the student placement for Industrial Attachment such as Intercontinental Hotel Group, Raffles Hotel, Marina Bay Sands, Shangri-La Hotel Singapore and many more.
- Students are invited to attend industry workshops and events to gain valuable insights from the industry experts, learning beyond the classroom.
- Attractive Progression Routes to a Honours Degree
TMC Higher Diplomas are equivalent to the first two years (240 credits) of a three-year (360 credits) UK Bachelor degree with Honours. Hence our Higher Diplomas are well-articulated to a number of partner universities:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Tourism Management, University of Northampton (U.K)- Final year
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Hospitality and Events Management (Dual Award)- University of Derby and Swiss Hotel Management School (Switzerland)- Final year
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management- Griffith University (Australia) (1.5 years credits)
TMC Academy Progression Pathway
Programme offered in TMC Academy
|Upon Request||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Hospitality Management (Top Up)||Full-Time: 12 months
Part-Time: 18 months
|March / July / October||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Tourism Management (Top Up)||Full-Time: 12 months
Part-Time: 18 months
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management||Full-Time: 9 months + 6 months of Industrial Attachment
Part-Time: 10 months + 6 months of Industrial Attachment
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management||Full Time: 12 months + 6 months Industrial Attachment
Part Time: 21 months + 6 months Industrial Attachment
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Management||Full Time: 12 months
Part Time: 21 months
The University of Northampton is an award-winning university recognising our focus on providing an excellent student experience which is geared to enhancing your life skills, knowledge and employability. Six months after graduating, 95% of our students are in work or further study*.
At the University of Northampton we offer our students an outstanding academic experience, filled with learning and teaching excellence, cutting edge facilities and an exciting and stimulating life both on and off campus.
* HESA Destination of Higher Education Leavers (DLHE) survey 2013/14
Swiss Hospitality Management School is one of the leading international hotel management institutes in Switzerland. It offers a wide range of world-class academic programmes for undergraduates and postgraduate in Hospitality Management, Events, Spa and Resort Management.
Exclusive Privilege for TMC Academy Students enrolling in Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) International Hospitality & Events Management
Feb & Sep 2018 intake
10% Scholarship on tuition, accommodation and meals *Limited slots available
Sep 2018 intake only
5% Early Bird Registration, apply by 6th May 2018
Our partner universities recognize and accept TMC Higher Diploma certification for direct entry with credit exemptions into their on-campus bachelor degree programmes*.
*Do check with our friendly consultants on articulation details.
Direct Industry Relevance
TMC Academy is the proud partner of the two largest hospitality and tourism associations in Singapore
Food and Beverage Managers Association, Singapore
- Opportunities to meet and network with the industry experts which will benefit when looking for a job after graduation.
- Possibility to become a full time member and access to their resources upon graduation.
Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore (ABSS)
- Operates under International Bar Tender Association.
- During the course of study, TMC students are eligible to join the TMC-ABSS Youth Wing and get student membership.
- Learning the mixology and beverage knowledge through the industry experts.
- Participate in various events organised by them including national cocktail competition.
- More exposure, more networking which eventually leads to career fulfillment.
Practical Coursework and Exposure
Focus on both knowledge and skills.
Includes visitation to various hotels, restaurants, convention centres, events or museums to gather practical aspects of the knowledge.
Make the student more job focus/ready, provide opportunity to start job at any time after completing their course of study.
Intercontinental Hotel Group