Final Year Top-up Degree for Diploma and Higher Diploma holders
Equivalent to 1st & 2nd Year of a UK Degree for A Level holders or equivalent
- Higher Diploma in Business
- Higher Diploma in Business (Accounting Specialisation)
- Higher Diploma in Business (Human Resource Management Specialisation)
- Higher Diploma in Business (International Business Specialisation)
- Higher Diploma in Business (Logistics Specialisation)
- Higher Diploma in Business (Marketing Specialisation)
- Higher Diploma in Business Studies (with 6 months of Industrial Attachment)
- Higher Diploma in Business Studies with Human Resource Management (with 6 months of Industrial Attachment)
- Higher Diploma in Business Studies with International Business (with 6 months of Industrial Attachment)
- Higher Diploma in Business Studies with Logistics (with 6 months of Industrial Attachment)
- Higher Diploma in Business Studies with Marketing (with 6 months of Industrial Attachment)
- UMKC American Degree Transfer Program
For O Level holders or equivalent
Why Study Business @ TMC Academy
TMC Academy Industry Advisory Board (IAB) is formed by external industry members, to mainly facilitate the review and continuous improvement of the curriculum, and monitor current industry practice and future trends. This practice guides the school to equip students with industry-relevant skills.
Gain Plenty of Learning and Networking Opportunities
- Our strong partnerships with reputable and established industry partners facilitates student placement for the Industrial Attachment Programme.
- Our Student Chapter membership with Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS) allows students to benefit from the instituition’s extended professional network.
- Students are invited to attend industry workshops and events to gain valuable insights from the industry experts, learning beyond the classroom.
Attractive Progression Routes to an Honours Degree
TMC Higher Diplomas are equivalent to the first two years (240 credits) of a three-year (360 credits) UK Bachelor degree with Honours. Our Higher Diplomas are also well-articulated to a number of partner universities.
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Business and Management, University of Northampton (U.K)- Final year
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Management, University of Northampton (U.K)- Final year
- Bachelor of Business – Griffith University (Australia) – Year 2
- Selected Business or Hospitality Degrees from University of Sunderland (view the list of available courses here)
The University of Northampton is centrally situated in the heart of Northampton and within easy travelling distance of London, Birmingham and other major cities. Established in 1924, The University of Northampton was formally known as Northampton Technical College and after years of progression and succession, it is now recognised as full university status.
The University of Northampton is awarded Gold – the highest possible mark – in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The TEF is the only system introduced by the UK government that assesses the quality of teaching in universities in England.
The most recent UK University League Tables 2020 ranks University of Northampton among the top 100 universities in the UK (Source: The Guardian, UK).
A highly ranked university with an international outlook, Griffith University is deeply connected to its community and value its place in it. The University’s research excellence, innovative teaching and learning practices, along with strong ties to industry, make it one of the leading providers of higher education in the Asia–Pacific. As a comprehensive and research intensive university, Griffith University ranks in the top 2% of universities worldwide with the following accreditation:
- Ranked 37th in the 2019 QS World University Rankings
- Top 50 Under 50 and 35th in the 2020 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings
- Griffith Business School is rated 5-stars for Educational Experience and Teaching Quality in Business and Management by the Good Universities Guide 2018
- Ranked 2nd in ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subject 2019 for Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Ranked 1st in Australia and 9th in the world, in QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017 for Hospitality and Leisure Management
University of Sunderland has 20,000 students based in campuses on the North East coast, in London and Hong Kong and at its global partnerships with learning institutions in 15 countries.
The university is proud of its long-established commitment to widening participation, world-leading research, public and private sector collaborations and track-record for providing quality student experiences that result in graduates who are the tomorrow-makers of our societies and economies.
University of Sunderland holds the following accreditations from professional associations:
- Awarded Silver in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), U.K.
- Ranked 16th (out of 131 universities) in the ‘University of the Year’ category of the Whatuni Student Choice Awards (WUSC) 2019, and 9th in the ‘Student Support’ category. The WUSC are the only national awards voted for by students.
- 93.4% of graduates are in employment or further study within six months of graduating (based on UK undergraduate students) – DLHE 2016/17
Association with Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS)
TMC Academy is proud to collaborate with the Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS) to allow our students to benefit from their extended professional network.
The IPRS-TMC Student Chapter aims to:
- Enhance student members’ participation and student development in the PR industry
- Establish possible internships with established PR and media firms in Singapore
- Create opportunities for student members to attend networking events and gain advice and mentorship from IPRS mentors. Refer to event articles here and here.
Click here for more information on IPRS-TMC Student Chapter.
Internship Option with Established Companies
The TMC Industry Attachment Programme (IAP) is a 6 months industry work experience attachment for students studying the TMC Higher Diploma in Business Studies, designed to deliver the skills learnt in Higher Diploma in Business Studies. TMC Academy is the ONLY Private Education Institution (PEI) that is certified by the Committee for Private Education (CPE) to launch the Business internship programme.