The TMC Certificate in IT Infrastructure Support, Monitoring and Cyber Security course equips learners with holistic knowledge of technology competencies. It is recommended for those who are already working or have the intention to work in Infocomm, or the Banking and Finance services industries.
This course is accredited under IBF Standards Competency Unit (CU10) Infrastructure Support and Monitoring and mapped to Technology & Operations – IBF Level 2 (CU 10: IT Infrastructure Support & Monitoring). Up to 95% of the course fee is subsidised by the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF), Singapore. TMC Academy is the only Private Education Institution accredited by the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) as a Training Provider under the IBF Standards.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a TMC Certificate in IT Infrastructure Support, Monitoring and Cyber Security. With this TMC award, students may apply for the IBF Advanced “IBFA” Certification. IBF Certification is and industry endorsed mark of quality for finance professionals in Singapore. The IBF Certification is awarded to practitioners who have acquired the relevant core competencies required for jobs in their respective industry segments, and are expected to uphold values of professional excellence, integrity and commitment to the industry.
On completion of TMC Certificate in Cyber Security course, learners should be able to:
- Monitor IT infrastructure operations and perform IT infrastructure maintenance and support tasks of both proactive and reactive nature.
- Provide the appropriate resolution for IT infrastructure issues of different nature using Firewalls.
- Explain how performing continuous reviews and assessments on risk and vulnerabilities contributes to formulating preventive measures for IT infrastructure issue.
- Identify common security related issues in IT infrastructure.
- Identify the source of issues including cyber threats, account compromise, system failure and develop troubleshooting procedures.
- Identify the impact of security incidents and classify issues to infrastructure Network and Information Infrastructure Virtualization platform.
- Identify required information on IT infrastructure issues to be gathered from the relevant sources and stakeholders to gain accurate understanding of the issues.
- Perform trend analysis on key issues related to IT infrastructure and analyse findings to guide the next steps and security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Describe effective methods to analyse trends based on issues identified such as Cryptography and Authentication Applications to resolve issues related to IT infrastructure.
- Describe effective methods to analyse trends based on issues identified from historical reports, including identification of common issues.
The following blended learning activities will be carried out during the course:
- Lab Tasks
- Case Studies
- Interactive Quizzes
- Role Play
Assessment consists of one take-home individual assignment (60%) and one closed-book examination (40%). To achieve a pass grade in this course, students must obtain an overall mark of a least 40%.
Learners are required to possess the following:
- Completed IBF Standards Technology Level 1
- Show proof of basic IT competency
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the IT Infrastructure related functions
|Self – Sponsored||Company – Sponsored|
|Fees (with GST)||$3,424.00||$3,424.00|
|Fees (without GST)||$3,200.00||$3,200.00|
|90% IBF-STS fee Subsidy (end 31/12/2021)||3,081.60||2,880.00|
|5% IBF Credit fee Subsidy (end 31/12/2020)||171.20||160.00|
|*Fee Payable after Subsidies||$171.20||$384.00|
|Self-sponsored individuals (SC/PRs) can receive $10 per training hour under the Training Allowance Grant (TAG) (end 31/12/2020)||32 hrs X $10 = $320||NA|
|Financial Institutions can receive $15 per training hour under the Training Allowance Grant (TAG)
|NA||32 hrs X 15 = $480|
Information on Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore (IBF) Fee Subsidy