SkillsFuture & SSG Funding Available.
Course Reference Numbers: CRS-N-0045489
The 1-day Art of Mixology course provides learners an opportunity to acquire knowledge on the types of cocktails, equipment used and the principle of appropriate garnishes for the various types of cocktails.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded Certificate of Participation, jointly awarded by TMC Academy and Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore.
Corporate and group classes available upon request.
▼ Click to expand ▼
- Introduction to mixology
- Mixing methods and preparation of drink according to customer’s preferences
- Preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic mixed beverages using various methods
- Categories of international cocktails and mocktails according to taste, colour and creativity
- Importance of hygiene, safety and sanitation in mixology
On completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Define the terms associated with bar, beverages and mixology.
- Explain the usage of various bar tools, equipment and glassware.
- Categorise the alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and their usage in mixology.
- Determine customer preferences of ingredients/beverages.
- Use appropriate mixing methods in mixology to prepare drink according to customer’s requirements.
- Use appropriate garnishes and accompaniments to enhance the beverage experiences.
- Prepare international standard cocktails and mocktails by creating his/her own standard recipe according to various categories of cocktails.
- Appraise the cocktail according to taste, colour and creativity.
- Observe standard beverage hygiene and safety procedures to comply with the legal framework, occupational standards recognised under the tourism industry, the attractions and leisure management, hotel and accommodation and tour and travel Industry Skills and Training Councils (ISTC), together with the Workforce Singapore (WSG).
Learners must be at least 18 years old and are required to possess the following assumed knowledge and skills:
- Basic English communication skills that require active listening and interacting with customers and team members in a polite and friendly manner.
- Basic literacy skills to read and interpret beverage menus.
- Numeracy skills to calculate and measure ingredient quantities.
All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website for more information.
Up to $300 SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Funding available for company-sponsored individual.
- Eligible for Claim Period: : 3 Dec 2019 – 1 Dec 2020
- Alternatively, you may WhatsApp our course consultants at 9671 2110 or send us a message here.
All fees indicated are in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and inclusive of GST unless stated otherwise. Course fee excludes application fee.