The Prepare and Serve Non-Alcoholic Beverages course provides an in-depth understanding of non-alcoholic beverages and their service techniques. This course will equip learners with the skills and knowledge needed to perform various tasks associated with non-alcoholic beverage services such as making and serving a range of teas; non-espresso coffees; and other non-alcoholic beverages.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be awarded Certificate of Achievement – Prepare and Serve Non-Alcoholic Beverages
▼ Click to expand ▼
On completion of this course, learners should be able to:
- Identify the types of non-alcoholic beverages, customer preferences and appropriate serving temperature of various types of non-alcoholic beverages.
- Use various tools, crockery, glassware and equipment in preparing and serving non-alcoholic beverages.
- Interpret various non-alcoholic beverage menus and standard non-alcoholic beverage recipes.
- Prepare various non-alcoholic beverages, applying appropriate methods used in beverage outlets.
- Produce an appropriate non-alcoholic beverage according to customer preference/choice of ingredients using appropriate glassware and garnish.
- Measure the importance of customer satisfaction by means of taste, colour and creativity of the prepared non-alcoholic beverage.
- Observe standard beverage hygiene and safety procedures to comply with the legal framework, occupational standards recognised under the tourism industry, the attractions and leisure management, hotel and accommodation and tour and travel, F&B Industry Skills and Training Councils (ISTC), together with the Workforce Singapore (WSG).
There is one practical test and one written test. Student’s attendance and participation count towards the completion of course.
Students need to achieve at least 75% attendance and sat for all assessments, in order to be awarded the Certificate in Achievement- Prepare and Serve Non-Alcoholic Beverages.
- Introduction to non-alcoholic beverages
- Equipment and tools
- Method of preparation
- Preparing and serving non-alcoholic beverages according to customer’s preferences
- Determining beverage quality
- Safety, hygiene and sanitation related to non-alcoholic beverage service
Learners are required to possess the following assumed knowledge and skills:
- Basic English communication skills that require active listening and interacting with customers and team members in a polite and friendly manner.
- Basic literacy skills to read and interpret beverage menus.
- Numeracy skills to calculate and measure ingredient quantities.