Registration Now Open!
Class starts on 25 June 2018. Every Monday & Thursday.
This Course is SkillsFuture Credit Eligible!*
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™/CFP® certification represents the gold standard of financial planning and wealth management. CFP® certificants are seen as the cream of the crop within the financial planning and wealth management industries.
Examinations are held by the Financial Planning Association of Singapore (FPAS) three times a year – in April, July and October/November.
Teaching and learning
There will be a combination of guided studies, lectures, tutorials, and self directed learning.
The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™/CFP® certification is obtained after the successful completion of the following 6 modules. The CFP® certification equips individuals with all the tools to be capable and confident of providing professional advice that meet strict international standards with regards to all aspects of financial and wealth planning.
Each module has 27 classroom hours.
- Foundations in Financial Planning
- Risk Management and Insurance Planning
- Tax Planning and Estate Planning
- Investment Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Financial Plan Construction and Professional Responsibilities
18 years old
Any of the following:
- a full GCE A Level certificate (is 2 ‘A’s and 2 ‘O’s)
- minimum 3 years of working experience in any profession
Qualification taught and examinated in English
18 years old
Year 12 or equivalent qualification
IELTS 5.5 if the qualification is not examinated in English
It is important to achieve regular attendance and meet the attendance requirement stipulated by the authorities (eg. Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore) and TMC. Failure to meet the requirement will lead to the following:
- Rejection of Student Pass on re-application/renewal for international students.
- Expulsion where students do not make any improvement in their attendance rate and/or consistently absent from class despite warnings and counselling given in accordance with the school policy
Attendance Requirement is as follows:
For all propriety students, module attendance is required to be eligible for work to be assessed and sit for examination. The minimum module attendance is:
- Full-time: 80% for Hawthorn and proprietary programs students and 75% for TMC College Students.
- Part-time: 60% (minimum 75% is required for SSG-funded students)
All full-time international students must meet a monthly attendance of 90% required by ICA. Student pass shall be subjected to cancellation if the monthly attendance is not met continuously.
Full-time local students enrolled in courses that do not have module attendance requirement must meet a monthly attendance of 75%. Local students enrolled in external degree courses shall be subject to relevant university’s regulations regarding attendance.
Certified Financial Planner / CFP Certification (Modules 1 to 6)
- With Lectures: S$4,325
- Self-Study (inclusive of textbook and a 2-hour revision): S$2800
- Self-Study (without revision): S$155
The fees cover the tuition and/or study materials fees and do not include the Initial Certification Application fee, examination fee, FPAS membership fee which are payable to Financial Planning Association of Singapore (FPAS).
- $500 SkillsFuture Credit. Visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the SkillsFuture Credit course directory.
- Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA)
- Up to 95% SSG Funding
- 15% discount off course fees for charter member. Charter member refers to applicant who, at the time of enrollment for each module, are solely contracted or directly employed by FPAS Charter Member companies. An original supporting letter from the company and/or current authorization employment card must be provided.
Application fee: $100
Fee Protection Scheme
0.75% of (Course fee less grant + Medical insurance) OR S$25 whichever is higher
Course Fees subject to prevailing GST of 7%