The Associate Financial Planner (AFPCM) certification is an entry level certification in the financial planning sector. The AFPCM certification trains the individual to be competent to recommend general financial planning strategies and to advise on the appropriate selection and use of various financial products.
Upon attaining the AFPCM certification, participants may choose to pursue a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™/CFP® certification, which represents the gold standard of financial planning and wealth management. CFP® certificants are seen as the cream of the crop within the financial planning and wealth management industries.
Examinations are held by the Financial Planning Association of Singapore (FPAS) three times a year – in April, July and October/November.
▼ Click to expand ▼
- Foundations in Financial Planning
Each module has 27 classroom hours.
18 years old
Any of the following:
- a full GCE A Level certificate (i.e. 2 ‘A’s and 2 ‘O’s)
- minimum 3 years of working experience in any profession
Qualification taught and examined in English
18 years old
Year 12 or equivalent qualification
IELTS 5.5 if the qualification is not examined in English
Academic fee for Associate Financial Planner / AFPCM Certification (Module 1) OR individual module
|Course Fee* (per modules)||$755.75|
* The fees cover the tuition and/or study materials fees and do not include the Initial Certification Application fee, examination fee, FPAS membership fee which are payable to Financial Planning Association of Singapore (FPAS).
- Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA)
- 15% discount off course fees for charter member. Charter member refers to applicant who, at the time of enrollment for each module, are solely contracted or directly employed by FPAS Charter Member companies. An original supporting letter from the company and/or current authorization employment card must be provided.
- + The training grant is for Singapore Citizen and Permanent Residents of Singapore of companies registered or incoporated in Singapore. Trainees or Companies who are interested to apply for the SDF funding must submit a training grant application via https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/home and must inform the school via email@example.com at least 14 days before the course orientation date. Please note that the training grant amount indicated here does not include absentee payroll (AP) funding as this is dependent on the trainee’s hourly basic salary (other than for trainees supported by surrogate Employers, where AP is computed on flat rate independent of salary).
All fees indicated are in Singapore Dollars (SGD) and inclusive of GST unless stated otherwise. Course fee excludes application fee of $21.40.