Awarded by The Birmingham City University
The BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering degree programme will develop you as a skilled engineer capable of undertaking mechanical engineering tasks within and across organisations. The course focuses on the importance of sustainable futures and the Government’s STEM agenda, in order to give you the knowledge and attributes you will need to thrive in this ever-changing industry. The programme focuses on project-based activities, giving you lots of opportunities to work in teams on projects from design to implementation. This will give you practical experience of applying engineering science to real world problems, working in multidisciplinary teams to develop your interpersonal skills, and prepare you for a key aspect of modern engineering practice. Problem solving and project management are key skills for an engineer, and our focus on practical experience will help to improve your skills in these highly sought after areas. During your studies, on top of the latest tools and technologies which you will be exposed to, you will also have the opportunities to develop new skills at an advanced level. The course will encourage your creative thinking and develop your engineering leadership skills .
Part-Time: 12 months*
* may be completed in 12 months (part-time) in the intensive mode.
- ENG6075 Computer Aided Engineering
- ENG6074 Dynamics and Control
- ENG6084 Advanced Mechanics
- ENG6079 Thermodynamics and Energy Systems
- ENG6200 Individual Honours Project
Assessment of the above modules are by coursework and / or examination.
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the course structure will be awarded the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Mechanical Engineering from The Birmingham City University.
17 years old
Obtained at least a Pass in any one of the following:
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma*
- TMC Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant BTEC Level 5*
- Advanced/Higher Diploma
(Mechanical Engineering) from
Private Education Institutions*
- Assessment Methods* asses by the university on a case-by-case basis
* Assess on a case by case basis and subject to university’s approval
If English is not your first language, you will be required to have any of the following or equivalent:
- At least a C6 at GCE O English
- Completed a Diploma/ Higher/ Advanced Diploma where medium of instruction is English – IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
• Mechanical Engineer
• Mechanical Design Engineer
• ASIC Designer
• Service support Engineer
• Automation Engineer
• Aerospace Engineer
• Facilities Engineer
• Industrial Engineer