Why Study Psychology @ TMC Academy
View our Video Podcast
DO YOU KNOW ?
TMC ACADEMY IS…
Established since 1981 in Singapore
Awarded 4-Year EduTrust Certification
Conveniently Located in Central Singapore
Easily Accessible by Bus and Train Services
Every Step With You, in the pursuit of success!
ASSOCIATION WITH SINGAPORE PSYCHOLOGICAL SOCIETY (SPS)
TMC Academy and SPS signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) at the SPS Annual General Meeting on the 28th March 2015. This MOU formally recognises the agreement that students pursuing Higher Diploma in Psychology with Counselling as well Psychology degrees at TMC can become members of the Society.
TMC School of Psychology students can enjoy the below SPS membership benefits:
- Psychology Student – the society offers membership to psychology students at a reduced rate. Student members are encouraged to network with other practicing psychologists at SPS functions.
- Professional Development – the society brings members with common interests together through its regular special interest groups and regular meetings.
- Annual General Meeting – full members have voting rights and are kept updated on society matters as well as future directions at the AGM. This is followed by a complimentary Post-AGM gathering meal for all voting members.
- Events – the society runs talks on various topics (see calendar of events in SPS website). Discounted registration fees are available for members. Subsidised rates are available to student members.
- Member Discounts – eligible members are entitled to discounts for talks and workshops organised by the society
- Networking Opportunities – provides an avenue for networking with others to communicate, exchange ideas, knowledge and information through social events exclusively for members as well as other SPS functions.
- Ezine – All members receive electronic news bulletins with psychology related news and the latest updates on society matters.
Campus Facilities in TMC Academy
Located in Central Singapore, TMC Academy consists of two blocks of three-storey building with an attached field. We are easily accessible by many bus services, as well as major train services.
TMC has set up campus-wide wireless networks at City campus for both staff and student usage. Students can now access the online resources and do their projects in between lessons with our wireless facilities from anywhere within both campuses. TMC wireless networks are secured using WPA (Wifi Protected Access) security protocols and MAC Address filtering. They are linked by a 10Mbps-leased line to the Internet.
TMC eCampus is an e-learning portal powered by Moodle. This is a user-friendly e-learning platform which supplements the face-to-face learning environment. Students are able to access the platform at any time and any place that has an internet connection. Students are able to download lecture slides, supplementary notes, assignment papers, exercises; attempt online assessments; interact with lecturers and students in online forum.
Psychology Training Rooms
The Psychology Training Rooms gives students an opportunity for real hands on practice with a room set aside for counselling purposes. When the room is not being used for counselling, it is utilized by students for practice.
The University of Northampton is notable for high student’s employability rate, outstanding teaching approaches, student’s social innovation and social impact and excellent student experience.
Programme offered in TMC Academy
|April / September||Bachelor of Science (Honours)
Psychology with Counselling (Top-up)
|Full-Time: 12 months
|April / September||Bachelor of Science (Honours) Psychology (Top-Up)||Full-Time: 12 months
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Graduate Diploma of Psychology||Full Time: 9 months
Part Time: 18 months
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Psychology with Counselling||Standard:
Full Time: 16-19 months
Part Time: 28 months
Full Time: 12-14 months
Part Time: 21 months