Why Study Mass Communication @ TMC Academy
View our Video Podcast
DO YOU KNOW ?
TMC ACADEMY IS…
Established since 1981 in Singapore
Awarded 4-Year EduTrust Certification
Conveniently Located in Central Singapore
Easily Accessible by Bus and Train Services
Every Step With You, in the pursuit of success!
Gain Unique Advantages
Why Study Media & Mass Communication with TMC Academy?
- High Pass Rates
- Mostly Assessed through Coursework
- Graduate with Portfolios for Job Hunting
- Great Job Opportunities
- Articulation to various overseas universities with possibility of overseas internship opportunities.
Campus Facilities in TMC Academy
Located in Central Singapore, TMC Academy consists of two blocks of three-storey building with an attached field. We are easily accessible by many bus services, as well as major train services.
TMC has set up campus-wide wireless networks at City campus for both staff and student usage. Students can now access the online resources and do their projects in between lessons with our wireless facilities from anywhere within both campuses. TMC wireless networks are secured using WPA (Wifi Protected Access) security protocols and MAC Address filtering. They are linked by a 10Mbps-leased line to the Internet.
TMC eCampus is an e-learning portal powered by Moodle. This is a user-friendly e-learning platform which supplements the face-to-face learning environment. Students are able to access the platform at any time and any place that has an internet connection. Students are able to download lecture slides, supplementary notes, assignment papers, exercises; attempt online assessments; interact with lecturers and students in online forum.
Our communication studio is fully equipped with:
- Commercial Grade Cameras & Equipment
- Green Screen Studio Setup
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Publisher
About Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS)
IPRS is a self-regulating accreditation body that sets international benchmark standards for Public Relations professionals in Singapore.
Launched in 2000, the IPRS Accreditation Scheme is a distinctive recognition for PR professionals who have demonstrated strategic thinking, broad knowledge and experience in the field, and at the same time exhibited high standards of professionalism, commitment to the profession and code of ethics.
Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS) Student Membership
The objectives for IPRS-TMC Student Chapter are as follows:
- To provide students who participate in the student chapter (“student members”) with a platform for learning and experience with IPRS
- To enhance student members’ participation and student development in the PR industry
- To establish possible internships with established PR and media firms in Singapore
- To gain advice and mentorship from IPRS, and to create opportunities for student members to attend networking events
- To enable student members to gain insight into the PR and Media industry
- To enable student members to explore their own potential as individuals and as professionals in the PR and Media industry
- To work with IPRS mentors such as practitioners, educators and advisors who can provide guidance to student members
In order to know more about IPRS, please visit http://iprs.org.sg/
Our partner universities recognize and accept TMC Higher Diploma certification for direct entry with credit exemptions into their on-campus bachelor degree programmes*.
*Do check with our friendly consultants on articulation details.
Programme offered in TMC Academy
|Upon Request||Diploma in Mass Communication||Part-Time : 12 months|
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Mass Communication||Standard:
Full Time: 16-19 months
Part Time: 28 months
Full Time: 12-14 months
Part Time: 21 months
|Upon Request||International Diploma in Mass Communication||Full-Time : 12 months|