Why Study Infocomm Technology @ TMC Academy
View our Video Podcast
DO YOU KNOW ?
TMC ACADEMY IS…
Established since 1981 in Singapore
Awarded 4-Year EduTrust Certification
Conveniently Located in Central Singapore
Easily Accessible by Bus and Train Services
Every Step With You, in the pursuit of success!
Gain Unique Advantages
Higher Diploma in Infocomm Technology
Awarded by TMC Academy
- Singapore Computer Society Student Chapter Membership
- Preparation for Professional Certification Option
- Projects Done with Companies to Give Commercial Experience
- Students Ready for Employment
- High Passing Rates
- Guaranteed Entry to UK Degree Programme
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computing Degree
Awarded by University of Greenwich
- UK BSc (Honours) Computing Degrees < 2 years (intensive study);
- Low Cost and Low Risk
- Coursework Based Assessments
- Lots of Job Opportunities
- Growing Job Market in Singapore and Globally
- High Salaries and Return on Investment
DID YOU KNOW?
School of IT, Digital media and Mass Communication produces wholesome graduates to become holistic ICT professionals and acquire the following skills: Software development skills; Design thinking Human-centred design skills; Application Programming interface; Cloud Computing ; Soft Skills such as: Problem Solving skills; Critical Thinking Skills; Creativity People Management skills.
Campus Facilities in TMC Academy
Located in Central Singapore, TMC Academy consists of two blocks of three-storey building with an attached field. We are easily accessible by many bus services, as well as major train services.
TMC has set up campus-wide wireless networks at City campus for both staff and student usage. Students can now access the online resources and do their projects in between lessons with our wireless facilities from anywhere within both campuses. TMC wireless networks are secured using WPA (Wifi Protected Access) security protocols and MAC Address filtering. They are linked by a 10Mbps-leased line to the Internet.
TMC eCampus is an e-learning portal powered by Moodle. This is a user-friendly e-learning platform which supplements the face-to-face learning environment. Students are able to access the platform at any time and any place that has an internet connection. Students are able to download lecture slides, supplementary notes, assignment papers, exercises; attempt online assessments; interact with lecturers and students in online forum.
CLASSROOMS & COMPUTER LABS
All the classrooms, and 3 computer labs at our campus are equipped with ceiling mounted multimedia projectors. This has become essential as we have moved towards using PowerPoint presentation and internet resources as one of the primary means of lesson delivery for all courses.
About Singapore Computer Society
The Singapore Computer Society (SCS) is the leading infocomm and digital media professional society in Singapore.
Established in 1967, the Society has a thriving membership base of over 32,000 members today. They have a total of 13 specialist groups that promote mind-sharing of case studies, experiences and latest trends and emerging technologies. SCS continue to work hard to establish a strong reputation as the voice of Singapore’s infocomm and digital media community.
Singapore Computer Society’s (SCS) Student Membership
In order to enjoy student membership benefits, students are required to register at
The benefits to these students are as follows:
- Complimentary student membership for students of TMC Academy
- Entitlement to free selected SCS events and highly-subsidised student member rate to other SCS events and privileges
- Membership discounts for SCS-endorsed events and product offers
- Facilitate the sourcing of SCS speakers for talks and seminars organised by the School if necessary
- Access to SCS resources and expertise
- Facilitate Industrial attachment and vacation employment opportunities to our SCS members
- Networking opportunities amongst students from various Institutes of Higher Learning
- Free one-year Graduate Membership for final year students of the School upon their graduation
- Access to online SCS publications
University of Greenwich has many students who have won awards from prestigious organisations and awarding bodies covering a range of areas, including theatre, biomedical sciences and architecture and construction.
Programme offered in TMC Academy
|January / July||Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computing (Top-up)||Full-Time: 12 months
|Upon Request||Diploma in Information Technology||Part-Time : 12 months|
|January / March / April / June / July / September / November||Higher Diploma in Infocomm Technology||Standard:
Full Time: 16-19 months
Part Time: 28 months
Full Time: 12-14 months
Part Time: 21 months
|Upon Request||International Diploma in Information Technology||Full-Time : 12 months|