TMC’s quality journey was formalised when TMC obtained the ISO9001:1994 award in 1997 for the Course Design and Development for the Diploma in Business Administration and Marketing programme. Soon after the new standard of ISO was introduced, TMC once again lived up to its quality commitment by obtaining the ISO9001:2000 award in 2002. At that time, the scope of certification was widened to include Design and Delivery of Proprietary/Non-Proprietary Programmes, Administration and Conduct of Distance Learning Programmes and Provision of Support Services. In 2009, TMC successfully converted to the new ISO9001:2008 standard, with the same scope of certification but over a wider coverage due to additional schools within TMC. TMC decided to discontinue the ISO certification in 2015 since the EduTrust certification is more relevant to an educational institution.
Private Education Act
The Private Education Act was legislated in December 2009 to strengthen the existing registration framework and enforcement provisions of Private Education Institutes (PEIs).
The Committee for Private Education (CPE) was appointed by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) Board in October 2016 to carry out its functions and powers relating to private education under the Private Education Act. The CPE is supported by a team of dedicated staff from SSG to regulate the sector, provide student services, consumer education and facilitate capability development efforts to uplift standards in the local private education industry.
To find out more, please visit www.cpe.gov.sg
In 2004, TMC was awarded the Singapore Quality Class (SQC) award and soon after the SQC for Private Education Organisation (SQC-PEO) Certification by SPRING Singapore. This award is highly regarded in Singapore and the neighbouring Asian countries. It paved the way for TMC to venture more aggressively into the Asia-Pacific market by bringing in more international students to study at TMC. The certification was renewed in 2007 for another 3 years.
In 2005, we further demonstrated our commitment to quality when TMC was awarded the CaseTrust for Education certification by CASE Singapore. This certification is awarded to PEOs in Singapore that are committed towards maintaining a high level of good business and customer practice. In 2009, TMC successfully renewed the CaseTrust for Education certification.
4-Year EduTrust Certification
In May 2010, our commitment to quality was once again recognised when TMC Academy received the prestigious 4-year EduTrust Certification awarded by the Committee for Private Education (CPE), a statutory board under the Ministry of Education. This certification scheme assesses the PEIs in the following 6 areas:
- Management Commitment & Responsibilities
- Corporate Governance & Administration
- External Recruitment Agents
- Student Protection & Support Services
- Academic processes & assessment of students; and
- Quality assurance, monitoring & results
In May 2010, TMC Academy was among the first six PEIS to be awarded the prestigious 4-year EduTrust Certification awarded by the Committee for Private Education (CPE). CPE is established under the Private Education Act and is empowered with the legislation power to regulate and uplift the standards of the private education sector in Singapore. The EduTrust certification remains active to date.
Service Quality Target
- Respond to feedback within 1 working day.
- Resolve complaints /disputes within 21 working days.
- Final year exam results to be released within 3 months from the final examination.
- Refund to be processed within 7 working days.
Customer Experience Strategy
In-line with our goal of providing a pleasant and enriching Customer/Student Service Experience, we are committed in providing the following:
- A Customer-centric and hassle-free delivery process
- Relevant, accurate and timely information and services
- Experienced, qualified and passionate academic staff
- “Thus ensuring that we are every step with you to nurture, inspire, care for and empower you to help turn your dreams into reality”
TMC Academic Board approves and adopts the following:
- Hawthorn Language School: average student-teacher ratio of 22:1
- Other schools: average student-teacher ratio of 40:1
- Class size up to 21 for computer lab sessions
- Class size up to 70 for theory sessions