A Tour of Gardens by the Bay | TMC Hawthorn English

Before the start of the December holiday, our Hawthorn English Elementary 2 students went on a trip to Gardens by the Bay. After the trip, the students wrote a letter to their English Pen Pal about their day.

Dear English Pen Pal,

On Friday, I went to Gardens by the Bay with my teacher and my friends. When I visited there, I learnt about many different things such as the different kinds of trees, the big baby sculpture, and the floral clock sculpture. I think the big baby sculpture is very interesting and amazing. I enjoyed being with my friends and learning new things. In my opinion, if you visit Gardens by the Bay, you should walk around the garden.

From, Kookkik (Laos)

Kookkik visit Gardens by the Bay - TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works

Kookkik taking a picture at Gardens by the Bay while her classmate acts silly. Photo taken by Jay.

Afa visit Gardens by the Bay - TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works

The ‘big baby sculpture’ is actually called Planet.
Photo taken by Sherry

Dear Friend,

I went to Gardens by the Bay last Friday. I went with my classmates and teacher. My teacher showed me a lot of things in Gardens by the Bay. I learned about trees and flowers. I was surprised by the huge baby sculpture. I enjoyed the place because it was a very good environment. I will recommend that you visit when you are in Singapore, and do see the big baby sculpture because it has a history you can learn about.

From, Afa (Thailand)

Dear English Pen-pal,

Today I went to Gardens by the Bay with my classmates. During the trip, I saw the Super Tree Grove, the floral clock and the big baby sculpture. I have learned many different things. I think the big baby surprised me.  However, I enjoyed the Super Tree Grove the most. I will visit Gardens by the Bay again because I think it is fun.

From, Tony (China)

Tony visit Gardens by the Bay - TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works

The Super Tree Grove, taken by Sherry

Chen Guan Qui visit Gardens by the Bay - TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works

Classmates under an animal plant, taken by Jay.

Dear English Pen-pal,

I went to Gardens by the Bay with my classmates at 10am. I learned many English words. I did enjoy walking around the premises. However, I do not think anything surprised me, and I do not have any suggestions for where you should visit in Gardens by the Bay. Still, you should go explore the place by yourself. Maybe you will love it.

From, Chen GuanQui (China)