Learning English by Walking Down Memory Lane

Our Hawthorn English Singapore students made a trip to the Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) as a part of their holiday programme. The museum houses a variety of artifacts, such as earthenware, textiles, and paintings, which deepened their understanding of the heritage of Singapore.

TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works: Learning English by Walking Down Memory Lane

A shot at the Museum Entrance (Left: Baifern, Right: Matoom)

Last Friday, before I headed to the Asian Civilisations Museum with my classmates, we had some activities in school. It was fun and I made a new friend. She is a Russian named Emily. In the afternoon, we went to the museum. We took a bus and walked a distance to get there. The Asian Civilisations Museum consists of antiques and historical artefacts and we took photos in the museum. On level one, there is the Khoo Teck Puat gallery displaying many Chinese Ceramics. It shows a mixture of cultures in Singapore. On level two, there is the Art Gallery. I enjoyed my time there.

Written by Sirapat Suaklin Matoom (Thailand)

TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works: Learning English by Walking Down Memory Lane: Antique from the muzium

Last Friday was a beautiful, sunny day. We gathered in a theatre room at our school and the teachers came in and gave us an activity to do together. The activities were held in the field behind the campus building, and it took us around two to three hours to complete the task, followed by an hour of lunch break. Later, we took a bus and walked for 10 minutes to reach the Asian Civilisations Museum. The entrance fee was $3.20 per person. After all, this type of show is not my cup of tea. If there was anything interesting, it would be the oil paintings displayed in the Art Gallery. However, I still enjoyed myself because we had been studying hard for the last three weeks.

TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works: Learning English by Walking Down Memory Lane: Antique statue head

Written by Jirawat Sriboonrueng Gee (Thailand)