Beginner 2 in Chinatown

To celebrate the holiday, our Hawthorn students went to Chinatown. They had a fun time checking out the shops and food. As they enjoyed their day, they collected information for an English assignment.

Dear Teacher,

TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works: Beginner 2 in Chinatown - Chinatown Complex

“This is a picture of a shopping street in Chinatown. I bought a souvenir.”

How are you? I’m fine, thank you. Last Friday on September 9th, my classmates and I went on an excursion to Chinatown. I want to tell you what we saw and did there.

First, we went shopping. This is a picture of a shopping street in Chinatown. There are many people and tourists. I bought a souvenir. I was with my classmates at half past eleven when we went to this interesting street.

At noon, I had lunch with my classmates. After so much walking, we were very hungry. We entered a Chinese restaurant and there were so many types of food to choose from. Some were quite expensive. I ordered some chicken satay to eat, and it was very delicious. It was my first time eating it. It was chicken meat on satay sticks cooked over a fire. The satay also had a wonderful peanut sauce accompanied with onions and cucumbers. On the other hand, my classmates ate spicy tofu. After eating, we were so full!

TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works: Beginner 2 in Chinatown - Satey

TMC Academy Hawthorn Student Works: Beginner 2 in Chinatown - Temple Frog View

Next, we visited the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple. It was very big and clean. I liked the rows of hanging lanterns. They were very colourful.

I had a wonderful time in Chinatown. Where will we be going for the next excursion? I cannot wait!

Yours sincerely,
Andy