Living in Singapore

TMC Academy Hawthorn English Language Student Works - Living in Singapore - Cherry

“I heard this country is a beautiful country and it is very safe to live.” – Cherry

I have been living in Singapore for two years. I didn’t know much about this country before. I just got some information from my mom and internet. I heard this country is a beautiful country and it is very safe to live. My mom likes Singapore so much because she thinks Singapore is safer than Europe, even when I go out at night it is also no problem.

Comparing my country and Singapore, there are a lot of differences. For example, the food is different. There are a lot of races, so Singapore has a lot of types of food. It took me a long time to adapt to the food here.

Another thing is the language that’s different. A lot of people in Singapore use English and Chinese, but most people use English. My English was very poor before, so I had no idea how to talk to people. I didn’t understand anything and it made me not want to stay here. Now I made a lot of friends from different countries. My English is still not the best, but they help to teach me a lot.

Everybody, including my friends, knows Singapore doesn’t have four seasons and it’s hot every day. Now I have adapted to the environment in Singapore, and I want to stay in Singapore.

This is a very lovely country.

Written by Sun Ke (Cherry)
Higher Diploma In Tourism, Hospitality And Leisure Management